Thursday, February 4, 2010

death, snow and michael jackson

Watching the news EVER is grounds for tequila shots and a few tears but watching the news when you're on the verge of a breakdown and it's a recession is just downright brutal. I don't even know how the news is in business anymore. Like really. Because according to the news everyone is dead....just saying.

Apparently 10% of this country is unemployed, the weather is stopping people from shopping/vacationing/eating and something about Michael Jackson has put our entire economy on hold and we're all spiraling into destitution. Awesome.

Where does that leave me and aren't I a little justified for being mad that this is the generation I have to live in instead of the free lovin' 70's or even the June Cleaver 50's? Aren't I justified in stomping my foot? Weren't we promised more from our teachers and parents and all those commercials swearing if we followed a certain path of education and good morals we'd be making dolla dolla bills and be happily paying off our mortgages with our hot partners? (No one promised my partner would be hot but come on, I have a pretty big rack.)

Really, all I am saying is that I feel like I have claim to whine and demand a few answers. Everyone was always so quick to give their opinions and judgements back when I had more choices but now that I'm stuck in a crummy situation everyone has relieved themselves of their Holier Than Thou duties. Why? BECAUSE THEY WERE WRONG ALL ALONG.

I feel like I got gypped by wasting four years of my life learning a job trade that wound up being nothing I could personally translate into a profession because our economy failed. I am aware a lot of other people are in my same boat and I shouldn't complain. But why not complain? I had to listen to all you idiots telling me what to do with my life up until this point so this time I'm not. I'm going to complain. And I'm going to continue complaining until I figure something out. MYSELF. Or give up. Either way.

I know I have no one to blame. I'm actually pretty aware that there is no one to ever blame but myself for anything but that still doesn't alleviate this constant pressure to be happy with what I am doing or what I have because there's nothing else out there. Because my only other options are death and hunger and Michael Jackson. Or was it Bruce Springsteen? I don't even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment